Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: communicate with you; screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You information allows us to offer you certain products and services, including the use of our website, to fulfill our obligations to you, to customize your interaction with our company and our website, and to allow us to suggest other products and services we think might interest you. We generally store your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However, to the extent we process your data, we do so to serve our legitimate business interests (such as providing you with the opportunity to purchase our goods or services and interact with our website or mobile app).
Specifically, we may use the information and data described above to:
- Create and administer your account; and
- Deliver any products or services purchased by you to you; and
- Correspond with you; and
- Process payments or refunds; and
- Contact you about new offerings that we think you will be interested in; and
- Interact with you via social media; and
- Send you a newsletter or other updates about our company or website; and
- Deliver targeted advertising; and
- Request feedback from you; and
- Notify you of updates to our product and service offerings; and
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot any problems; and
- Administer contests or giveaways; and
- Generate a profile that is personalized to you, so that future interactions with our website will be more personal; and
- Compile anonymous statistical data for our own use or for a third party’s use; and
- Assist law enforcement as necessary; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our website or mobile app; and
- Analyze trends to improve our website and offerings.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices or if you have questions, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
TheTaxMuse 221 Main St. #970 Los Altos, CA 94022, United States